All Timelines is a website devoted to the first part of our mantra: “consume.” It takes a unique look at various storytelling franchises and places all pieces of media within that franchise in chronological order.
In an age of the “shared universe” craze, this is becoming more and more important. This site helps dedicated fans of these stories to wrap their heads around all of the media options available.
All Timelines launched in March 2016, though the timelines themselves have slowly grown for years before that. We originally housed them on StoryHobby.com until we decided they would serve better on a site dedicated only to them.
Since then, it has grown to become our most profitable site to date, with thousands of visitors per day.
All Timelines Content Strategy
All Timelines uses a specific content strategy to provide regular content updates which keep the site relevant. This plan includes the following:
- 1 blog post per week: These alternate between “Beginner’s Guide” posts and “Best of” lists, as well as the occasional review.
- 1 new timeline per week: These are the meat and potatoes of the site, the core product.
- Updates to 4 timelines per week: Each timeline needs to be updated on a regular basis. Each week we update 1 high-priority timeline, 1 medium-priority, and 2 low-priority. This allows us to rotate through most of the timelines at least once per year.
All Timelines Monetization Strategy
The website makes its money through various techniques. These methods include:
- Ads: The site uses a small network of CPM ads (through Amazon).
- Amazon Affiliate: Most of the revenue comes through Amazon Affiliate links. Since the website offers chronological lists of media, we can add a way to buy each piece of media without appearing forced.